Hi,

I am facing a issue while using SOLR-769 patch for search clustering. I am
following this link for configuration
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent . Here is what I have done
for configuring this patch

1)      Applied the patch to my Solr source code and got it compiled. So my new
Solr source code has two more packages
i)      org.apache.solr.handler.clustering
ii)     org.apache.solr.handler.clustering.carrot2

2)      Also I have carrot2-core jar ,apache-solr-solrj jar in my classpath.
3)      Now I am initializing a solr core this way
 CoreContainer cores=new CoreContainer(instanceDir,configDir);
SolrCore core=cores.getCore(“core0”);
SolrServer solrServer=new EmbeddedSolrServer(cores, "core0");
4)      After this I am indexing and querying a indexed document .
5)      Now for the clustering part my code looks like this..
  MatchAllDocsQuery matchedQuery = new MatchAllDocsQuery();
             SolrIndexSearcher searcher=core.getSearcher().get();
       DocList docList=searcher.getDocList(matchedQuery, (Query) null, new
Sort(), 0, 10);

            ClusteringComponent comp = (ClusteringComponent)
core.getSearchComponent("clustering");
             CarrotClusteringEngine   engine = (CarrotClusteringEngine)
comp.getSearchClusteringEngines().get("default");
       NamedList results= engine.cluster(matchedQuery, docList, solrParams);

After I run my code I am able to index and search properly but when the last
three lineos code in step 5 are executed I am getting the following
exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Controller not initialized.
      at
org.carrot2.core.CachingController.processInternal(CachingController.java:264)
      at
org.carrot2.core.CachingController.process(CachingController.java:251)
      at
org.apache.solr.handler.clustering.carrot2.CarrotClusteringEngine.cluster(CarrotClusteringEngine.java:112)
      at com.cognizant.solr_I1.AddIndex.readSolrIndex(AddIndex.java:193)
      at com.cognizant.solr_I1.AddIndex.main(AddIndex.java:231)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Controller not initialized.
      at
org.apache.solr.handler.clustering.carrot2.CarrotClusteringEngine.cluster(CarrotClusteringEngine.java:124)
      at com.cognizant.solr_I1.AddIndex.readSolrIndex(AddIndex.java:193)
      at com.cognizant.solr_I1.AddIndex.main(AddIndex.java:231)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Controller not initialized.
      at
org.carrot2.core.CachingController.processInternal(CachingController.java:264)
      at
org.carrot2.core.CachingController.process(CachingController.java:251)
      at
org.apache.solr.handler.clustering.carrot2.CarrotClusteringEngine.cluster(CarrotClusteringEngine.java:112)
      ... 2 more

Please help me out with this issue . Thanks in advance..