On May 13, 2009, at 7:04 PM, Eger, Patrick wrote:

+2

This would be very much appreciated by your users, I at least was
expecting March :-) We were hoping to release with 1.4 (specifically for java replication and field collapsing) but had to redo some plans since
it seemed to keep slipping.

It's not like anything all that magical necessarily happens with a release. Sure, we package up the bits and there is some legal ramifications, I suppose, but the software is more or less the same. In other words, most people should be fine with trunk, or some recent revision. In fact if more people tried out trunk, it would be faster to release b/c we would have more vetting done.

Not complaining, just FYI on our experiences
(it's a free product after all). A 4-6 month release schedule would be
ideal for us, whereas it looks like it'll be ~9-10 months currently?
Again, not complaining, just trying to get SOLR into production!

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute ;-)

-Grant