Hi all,

I am working on a patch to get TermsComponent distributed and have run into a problem. I have overridden the prepare, process, modifyRequest, handleResponses, and finishStage methods as described at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/WritingDistributedSearchComponents. My problem is that only the prepare and process methods are called just as if it was non-distributed. It looks like the shards parameter is not being honored for this handler. For some reason rb.shards is always null. I looked though all the other distributed components code (facets, stats, highlighting, etc) and did not notice them doing anything special that my handler is not. Is there some setting I need to enable for the shards parameter to be honored?

Thanks,

Matt Weber
eSr Technologies
http://www.esr-technologies.com