Hey Grant,

I have opened a new ticket with the current version of my patch at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1177 . What do you mean by configuring my shards? I implemented the distributed methods (prepare, process, modifyRequest, etc) as is done in the other distributed components, then I just specify a shards parameter in the query. I looked though the other distributed components and did not see them doing any special shard configuration other than modifying the query that is sent to the shards. I must be missing something, but I can't seem to figure out due to my lack of knowledge on distributed components and the solr codebase in general. Thanks for your help!

For my testing, I have 2 instances of Solr running in tomcat called solr1 and solr2. My test query looks like:

http://localhost:8080/solr1/terms?shards=localhost:8080/solr1,localhost:8080/solr2&terms=true&terms.fl=spell&terms.prefix=f&terms.lower=f

Thanks,

Matt Weber
eSr Technologies