Grant Ingersoll wrote:

On Aug 3, 2009, at 8:21 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

4. You cannot instantiate MergePolicy with a no arg constructor anymore - so that fails now. I don't have a fix for this at the moment.

That sounds like a back compat break ;-)

It was - but they knew it would be and decided it was fine. The methods on the class were package private, so it appeared reasonable. The class was also labeled as expert and subject to sudden change. I guess it was fair game to break - I don't think this scenario was thought of, but I would think we can work around it. I havn't really thought about it yet myself though.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com