: Anyway, I think support will be good enough for 1.4 that we should
: make types like "integer" in the example schema be based on the trie
: fields.  The current "integer" fields should be renamed to "pinteger"
: (for plain integer), and have a recommended use only for compatibility
: with other/older indexes.  People have mistakenly used the plain
: integer in the past based on the name, so I think we should fix the
: naming.
:
: The trie based fields should have lower memory footprint in the
: fieldcache and are faster for a lookup (the only reason to use plain
: ints in the past)... sint uses StringIndex for historical reasons - we
: had no other option... we could upgrade the existing sint fields, but
: it wouldn't be quite 100% compatible and there's little reason since
: we have the trie fields now.

+1

my only question when skimming hte recent schema.xml changes is wether the
new TrieFields support sortMissingLast ?

-Hoss