: Thats how we have been attempting to handle it in Lucene -
: update the previous issue with credits and merge the change
: info. There are tricky situations - someone can get credit for
: a huge issue when they just found a minor bug much later -
: but that seems to fit in line with our generous credit model
: anyway - if you really want to know, go to the JIRA issues. If
: the same person found the bug and posted a patch before it
: went in, they would be on the credit line anyway. If they find
: it after release, they get a new bug fix credit.

... "eh" ....

If a big feature is added, and then someone fins/fixes a small bug with it
later, i dont' see anything wrong with having two enteries in the CHANGEs
about this ... likewise if a feature is added and then a a bunch of
extensions are made to it ... at a certain point if you keep collapsing
things just because they are related you wind up with one long paragraph
about how "lucene" changed between releases instead of a nice bulleted
list.

the big key i think is not having things that contradict ... if a bullet
says we added XY&Z, but then a latter bullet says Z was removed and
replaced with Q, we should just remove Z from the first bullet ... but
that doesn't neccessarily mean Q needs to replace Z in that bullet .. Q
can still be it's own bullet.

-Hoss