I vote for #2. Archeologists can still dig it up through an svn revision.

        Erik

On Oct 7, 2009, at 12:24 AM, Ryan McKinley wrote:

I don't think solrjs should hold up the 1.4 release.

Since this issue was last discussed, James McKinney has licensed AJAX Solr (a solrjs fork) under Apache & MIT
http://github.com/evolvingweb/AJAX-Solr/blob/master/COPYRIGHT.txt

It seems like this has good support and gets the on-going attention it deserves.

I suggest we archive solrjs -- remove it from the 1.4 release -- and point javascript client lovers to AJAX-Solr.

If we do "archive" solrjs, what do you think the best method is?
1. svn copy it to /sandbox?
2. make a zip and place it on an external site, remove it entirely from solr svn

I lean towards option 1.

thoughts
ryan