I had a deeper look at the implementation of AjaxSolr and I really like its seperation between core and jquery/drupal implementations. The core module is in fact solrjs including things we just thought of in theory like:

- js framework agnostics
- proxying requests
- ..

So as it seems to me as a natural advancement (and a mainatined one ;)), I would be fine with both options. In fact, for new users it surely makes more sense to build on AjaxSolr core. Since there is no online showcase of ajaxsolr available yet, the reuters demo on solrstuff is imho very useful. People can check out and seeing something very quickly, so a suggestion would be to port the example to the new codebase.

regards,
matthias

Erik Hatcher schrieb:
I vote for #2. Archeologists can still dig it up through an svn revision.

    Erik