Hmm, OK. I will need to update the branch build again, then. I wasn't thinking about it for my specific release and not about going forward.

On Oct 26, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org> wrote:
Does the second step (step 7 on the wiki) occur on the branch that we just checked out? I know in the end that I'm building w/ specversion and version set to 1.4.0 for the release, but that update of common-build.xml seems a
bit out of place.

I have an easier time looking at how you want things ending up, and
working backward.
If someone checks out the branch or the tag for 1.4.0 and builds it
themselves, we want them to get 1.4.1-dev as a version number.

So... the docs (at least that little part) look fine to me.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com