Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a reason why the @Field annotation is restricted to setters?

In my case I would like to index beans from java using the solrj client implementation. Transforming documents to beans is not required because I use queries to Solr from JavaScript only.

To avoid the creation of setter methods just to use the @Field annotation I extended SolrServer to overwrite getBinder() and added an DocumentObjectBinder implementation that supports @Field annotations at bean property getter methods.

For me it feels very unusual to add annotations to setters. It does not match with the experience I have from other libraries like JPA or JAXB.

Best, Norman
  • Solrj @Field getter an... Norman Wiechmann