The lucene/solr merge* has started off with a bang!
Development on branches/solr to get on lucene trunk is progressing at
a furious (nay... ferocious) pace, pushed by the "not new, but new to
solr" committers.  Feels great to have everyone on the same team!

We've already merged committers of course (hence the flurry of commit
activity by new ids), and it looks like lucene and solr will be ready
to be on the same trunk much quicker than anticipated!  As always,
we'll be working out the little details as we go along, but it's been
a tremendous start and I'd just like to thank the "new to solr, but
now all one big happy family" lucene/solr committers!

-Yonik

* for those who don't follow *-dev or general regularly, yes lucene
and solr have merged.  This means development has merged - one set of
committers working to produce both lucene and solr.  There will always
be separate lucene and solr downloads, and for historical reasons as
well as user convenience, the user lists, websites, and JIRA databases
will remain separate.