: In the two cores with one name scenario, presumably you meant to name
: one something different.  You try to access the core under that
: different name, get a core-not-found and go look at the solr.xml to
: see why.  Same scenario.
:
: So while I don't see extra code as necessary for that case, I don't
: really care either.

Well, what i'm suggesting is a change in runtime behavior: currently solr
will happily start up and not log any warnings or errors if two cores are
declared with the same name (they will both be initialized, and then the
"first" one will immediately be shutdown).

What I'm suggesting is that if CoreContainer encounters this situation it
should hard fail on initialization -- any objections?

-Hoss