On 9/18/06, Michael Imbeault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just a little follow-up - I did a little more testing, and the query
takes 20 seconds no matter what - If there's one document in the results
set, or if I do a query that returns all 130000 documents.

Yes, currently the same strategy is always used.
  intersection_count(docs_matching_query, docs_matching_author1)
  intersection_count(docs_matching_query, docs_matching_author2)
  intersection_count(docs_matching_query, docs_matching_author3)
  etc...

Normally, the docsets will be cached, but since the number of authors
is greater than the size of the filtercache, the effective cache hit
rate will be 0%

-Yonik