I wonder of jetty or tomcat can be configured to put logging output
for different webapps in different log files...

-Yonik

On 1/15/07, Ben Incani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Solr users,

I'm running multiple instances of Solr, which all using the same war
file to load from.

Below is an example of the servlet context file used for each
application.

<Context path="/app1-solr" docBase="/var/usr/solr/solr-1.0.war"
debug="0" crossContext="true" >
        <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String"
value="/var/local/app1" override="true" />
</Context>

Hence each application is using the same
WEB-INF/classes/logging.properties file to configure logging.

I would like to each instance to log to separate log files such as;
        app1-solr.yyyy-mm-dd.log
        app2-solr.yyyy-mm-dd.log

Is there an easy way to append the context path to
org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix
E.g.
org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = ${catalina.context}-solr.

Or would this require a code change?

Regards

-Ben