On 3/6/07, Kaan Erdener <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm looking for some tips / suggestions around reducing the query
time for Solr after I've post'ed a commit request. My Lucene index
contains around 2,000,000 documents, and I have a job that
periodically removes artibrary documents from Lucene and replaces
them with fresh copies from a database. Whenever that cycle occurs, I
send a commit to Solr to expose the updates. The problem is that
immediately after the commit, a Solr query that previously took
5-20ms now takes 20-25 seconds. Ouch.

If this is a normal query (no faceting) then most likely the time is spent
populating a lucene FieldCache entry used for sorting results.
Put a static warming entry in solrconfig.xml that queries for a small
number of documents and sorts that query by all the fields you
commonly sort by.

-Yonik