Where can I find some information about snappulling?

On 23/03/07, Chris Hostetter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

: > And how would you do that? Create a new index and point solr to the
new
:
: I don't think that is possible without restarting  Solr.

: Another possibility is to build the index on a master and use
: snappuller to install it on the slave (I'll admit that I've never used

that's pretty much the same thing, just refered to in different ways.  I
think the CollectionBuilding wiki is just talking about how you can build
a new index with an incompatibly differnet schema.xml on a seperate Solr
port and then manually put it into place on your primary query port with a
quick bounce -- allowing very short downtime.

if you're replacing your index but the schema is still the same, it's
really just a snappulling situation.

: replication and so don't know how it handes the deletion of all
: segments).

it works fine ... from a replication standpoint doing a full rebuild like
this where you delete everything and then readd them is no worse then
doing an optimize ... all of hte files the slave use to have go away, and
you push out all new files.

-Hoss