I am implementing a document boost at indexing time for the documents. I read
some posting that
seemed to indicate that omitNorm=false is needed to retain the document
boosting for retrieval.
After I did that, it looks like I am not able to get back the boost I
originally put in. Instead,
I get 1.25 as the score for all the documents retrieved.

Example:
Input
<doc boost="1.33">
<field name="uniq_id">3557_183970_10179</field>
<field name="login_name">user1</field>
<field name="show_all_flag">Y</field>
</doc>

Schema.xml
    <fieldtype name="stringB" class="solr.StrField" sortMissingLast="true"
omitNorms="false"/>
    <field name="show_all_flag" type="stringB" indexed="true"
stored="true"/>

Output for
(http://testing:12002/solr/select/?qt=dismax&q=Y&qf=show_all_flag&fl=score,login_name)
<doc>
<float name="score">1.25</float>
<str name="login_name">5webdesign</str>
</doc>

I am not quite sure how the score changed from 1.33 to 1.25. I am not quite
sure how this might have happened - I have modified the custom similarity
but I don't quite have an explanation of how the score changed.