You know, that's ultimately what I have done. My thinking is that doing
field comparisons could be too intensive an operation anyway.

Thanks,
George

On 4/11/07, Yonik Seeley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/11/07, George Abraham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using the DisMaxRequestHandler. Is there any way to use the fq
param to
> compare two fields?

Find all docs where fielda=fieldb is not currently supported (in
Lucene or Solr), but it could be in the future if it solves a common
enough problem.

Do you have many such fields you compare like that?
If you are only comparing fielda and fieldb, then you could index another
field
fielda_is_fieldb:true for documents when the values match.

-Yonik