Why not just store an additional "object_type" field which
differentiates between the actual type of data you are looking for?

So if you're looking for some shoes:

(size:8 AND color:'blue') AND object_type:'shoe'

Or if you're searching on brands

(genre:'skater' AND brand_desc:'skater boy') AND object_type:'brand'

I apologize if I misunderstood your question.

/cody