Daniel Einspanjer wrote:
The example EmbeddedSolr class on the wiki makes use of getUpdateHandler
which was added after 1.1 (so it seems to be available only on trunk).
I'd really like to move to an embedded Solr sooner rather than later.  My
questions are:

  - Would it be easy/possible to work around the lack of
  getUpdateHandler in 1.1 or would it completely change the
  implementation of EmbeddedSolr?

If you need to update, it will be difficult ;)

  - How stable is trunk right now?

There is nothing we know that is not stable.

  - Is 1.2 due out soon?

Hopefully soon.  I hope within a week or two.

  - Is this approach significantly better than the one roughly outlined
  in
  http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg03137.html?

The wiki page gives an example of how you can internally access most things you would need to try. It is a superset of what I suggesed in the email. Check the printDocs(DocList docs) code.

Another approach is:
In this case you don't get access to the lucene Document, you just the the output text without an HTTP connection.

Your specific approach will depend on what you need.

ryan