Hi Chris

The /var/www/html/solr/data/ directory did exist. I tried opening up
permissions completely for testing but no luck (the tomcat user had
write permissions).

I decided to trash the whole installation and start again. I downloaded
last nights build and untarred it. Put the .war into
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps. Copied the example/solr directory as
/var/www/html/solr. No JNDI file this time, just updated solrconfig to
read /var/www/html/solr as my data.dir.

I can access the admin page but when I try an index action from the
commandline, or a search from the admin page, I get something like:

"The requested resource (/solr/select/) is not available"

I have other apps running under tomcat okay, seems like it can't find
the lib .jars or can't access the classes within them?

Stuck...

Cheers
Gary

Gary Browne