On 6/13/07, vanderkerkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm running solr1.2 and Jetty, I'm having problems looping through a mysql
database with python and putting the data into the solr index.

Here's the error

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 369:
ordinal not in range(128)

There are two issues... what char encoding you tell solr to use, via
Content-type in the HTTP headers (solr defaults to UTF-8), and then if
what you send matches that coding.

If you can get the complete message (including HTTP headers) that is
being sent to Solr, that would help people debug the problem.

One easy way is to use netcat to pretend to be solr:
1) shut down solr
2) start up netcat on solr's port
 nc -l -p 8983
3) send your update message from the client as you normally would

-Yonik