On 7/18/07, Mike Klaas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 18-Jul-07, at 11:47 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On 7/18/07, Otis Gospodnetic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Why?  Too small of a Java heap. :)
>> Increase the size of the Java heap and lower the maxBufferedDocs
>> number in solrconfig.xml and then try again.
>
> If it only happens after a lot of docs, it's probably not
> maxBufferedDocs, but when a big luicene merge is triggered.

Could happen when doDeleting the pending docs too.  James: try
sending commit every 500k docs or so.

Hmmm, right... some of the memory usage will be related to the treemap
keeping track of deleted items, and some of it will be related to the
reader itself (the term index, and the norms).

Perhaps we should have some sort of limit on the number of deletions
we cache so people don't have to worry about that part.

-Yonik