On 18-Jul-07, at 2:58 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

On 7/18/07, Mike Klaas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Could happen when doDeleting the pending docs too.  James: try
sending commit every 500k docs or so.

Hmmm, right... some of the memory usage will be related to the treemap
keeping track of deleted items, and some of it will be related to the
reader itself (the term index, and the norms).

Perhaps we should have some sort of limit on the number of deletions
we cache so people don't have to worry about that part.

I logged this in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-310

Perhaps a solrconfig.xml setting, <maxPendingDocs>? Default to 100k?

I have experienced this from time to time... it is one of the reasons I fastidiously wipe the index and restart solr before reindexing.

-Mike