On 8/9/07, David Whalen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Plus, I have to believe there's a faster way to get documents
> into solr/lucene than using curl....

One issue with HTTP is latency.  You can get around that by adding
multiple documents per request, or by using multiple threads
concurrently.

You can also bypass HTTP by using something like the CVS loader (very
light weight) and specifying a local file (via stream.file parameter).
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateCSV
I doubt you will see much of a difference between reading locally vs
streaming over HTTP, but it might be interesting to see the exact
overhead.

-Yonik