I am trying out the event listener by uncommenting the listener for
event postCommit unmodified.  Solr detected the script during start up
(otherwise it would throw some exception).  However, when i sent the
commit commend, it thrown IOException: snapshooter not found (see
snippet below).  It seems that solr is not honoring the value of the
element <str name="dir">.

Aug 14, 2007 2:05:43 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrException log
SEVERE: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: snapshooter: not found
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:451)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:591)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.RunExecutableListener.exec(RunExecutableListener.ja
va:70)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.RunExecutableListener.postCommit(RunExecutableListe
ner.java:97)
        at
org.apache.solr.update.UpdateHandler.callPostCommitCallbacks(UpdateHandl
er.java:99)

It worked when i put the absolute path name of the script in the element
<str name="exe">.

The solr is running in tomcat and I started tomcat at the directory
above solr home directory.  ( cwd=/home/dwu SolrHome=/home/dwu/solr/ ).

I am not sure if i did something wrong or this is a bug.  Either way, it
would be helpful if the exception can tell the full path name the
handler is tying to call.