Hi,

oops, the URIEncoding was lost during the update to tomcat 6.0.14.
Thanks for the advice.

But now I am really curioused. After indexing the document from scratch,
I have the effect that queries to "this" and "is" work fine, whereas
queries to "really" and "fünny" do not return the result. Fünnily ;-) ,
after extending my sometext to "This is really fünny kraßen.", queries
to "really" and "fünny" still do not work, but "kraßen" is found.
Now I am somehow confused -- hopefully anyone has a good explanation ;-)

Regards,

 marc

Tom Hill schrieb:
If you are using tomcat, try adding "URIEncoding="UTF-8" to your
tomcat connector.

<Connector port="8080" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75" enableLookups="false"
redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000"
disableUploadTimeout="true" URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

use the analysis page of the admin interface to check to see what's
 happening to your queries, too.

http://localhost:8080/solr/admin/analysis.jsp?highlight=on  (your
port # may vary)

Tom