Hi Yonik.

> Do you see any requests that took a really long time to finish?

The requests that take a long time to finish are just simple
queries.  And the same queries run at a later time come back
much faster.

Our logs contain 99% inserts and 1% queries.  We are constantly
adding documents to the index at a rate of 10,000 per minute,
so the logs show mostly that.

> Start with the thread dump.
> I bet it's multiple queries piling up around some
> synchronization points in lucene (sometimes caused by
> multiple threads generating the same big filter that isn't
> yet cached).

What would be my next steps after that?  I'm not sure I'd
understand enough from the dump to make heads-or-tails of
it.  Can I share that here?

Dave