* <field name="text" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>*

*i think text not need "stored='true'" unless u will show it.(it will help u
decrease index size and not affect search )*

*index and search use same box? if it is true, u should moniter search
response time when indexing.(include CPU, RAM change)*

*i have similar problem and i increase JVM size to fix it.(u can try it and
show me your response)*

--
regards
jl