From: Ryan McKinley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 2:18:00 PM
Subject: Re: Redundant indexing * 4 only solution (for par/sen and case
sensitivity)

> So now I have:
> (1) 4X in content indexing
> (2) 2X in actual SOLR/Lucene indices
> (3) I don't know how to practically due multiple indices using SOLR?
>
> If there is a better way of attacking this problem, I would
 appreciate recommendations!!!

I don't quite follow your current approach, but it sounds like you just

needs some copyFields to index the same content with multiple
 analyzers.

for example, say you have fields:

  <field name="content" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
  <field name="content_sentence" type="sentence" indexed="true"
stored="false"/>
  <field name="content_paragraph" type="paragraph" indexed="true"
stored="false"/>
  <field name="content_text" type="text" indexed="true"
 stored="false"/>

and copy fields:

   <copyField source="content" dest="content_sentence"/>
   <copyField source="content" dest="content_paragraph"/>
   <copyField source="content" dest="content_text"/>

The 4X indexing cost?  If you *need* to index the content 4 different
ways, you don't have any way around that - do you?  But is it really a
big deal?  How often does it need to index?  How big is the data?

I'm not quite following your need for multiple solr indicies, but in
 1.3
it is possible.

ryan