From: Eswar K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 11:15:48 AM
Subject: Performance of Solr on different Platforms

Hi,

I understand that Solr can be used on different Linux flavors. Is there
 any
preferred flavor (Like Red Hat, Ubuntu, etc)?
Also what is the kind of configuration of hardware (Processors, RAM,
 etc) be
best suited for the install?
We expect to load it with millions of documents (varying from 2 - 20
million). There might be around 1000 concurrent users.

Your help in this regard will be appreciated.

Regards,
Eswar