: I notice this is in the future tense. Is the CJKTokenizer available yet?

CJKTokenizer and CJKAnalyzer are both available in Solr 1.2, but no
TokenizerFactory was provided for CJKTokenizer in 1.2, so it wasn't
possible to use "out of the box" without writing a 3 line java plugin.
that 3 line plugin will be available in 1.3.  since CJKAnalyzer has a no
arg constructor, it is usable out of the box in Solr 1.2.

: >From what I can see, the CJK code should be a Filter instead anyway.
: Also, the ChineseFilter and CJKTokenizer do two different things.

these questions may be better suited to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list,
as you are more likely to find existing users who can discuss the
advantages of each approach.

-Hoss