On 08.01.2008 16:55 Yonik Seeley wrote:

- A literal encapsulator should be possible to add by doubling
   it ' => '' but this gives the same error

I think you would have to tripple it (the first is the encapsulator).
Regardless, don't use encapsulation on the split fields unless you
have to.

I don't want to use encapsulation it is just that the character is _interpreted_ as encapsulation character and I need a way to tell SOLR that it is not.

- is it possible to change the split field separator for all fields? The
   URL is getting rather long already.

if "f.myfield.separator" is missing, it uses "separator"  (standard
per-field parameters).
So if everything uses "," you don't have to specify a separator anywhere.

Oh, sorry, I meant encapsulator of course, not separator. The encapsulator is the problem and I would like a way shorter than &f.myfield1.encapsultor=%00&f.myfield2.encapsulator=%00... for about 20 fields in addition to the parameters that are necessary to tell SOLR that all these are split fields.

-Michael