> while i agree that you don't wnat to expose your end users
> directly to
> Solr (largely for security reasons) that doesn't mean you *must*
> preprocess user entered strings before handing them to dismax
> ... dismax's
> whole goal is to make it posisble for apps to not have to worry about
> sanitizing user inputed query strings.

I am using org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrQuery to preprocess user entered
strings.
And I am using dismax & facets:

INFO: /select
facet.limit=100&wt=xml&rows=100&start=0&facet=true&facet.mincount=1&q=Romeo%
2BJuliet&fl=id,item_name,category,price,url,host,country&qt=dismax&version=2
.2&facet.field=country&facet.field=host&facet.field=category&fq=category:"ar
mani"&hl=true 0 1943

(catalina.out file of SOLR,
http://www.tokenizer.org/armani/price.htm?q=Romeo%2bJuliet from production)

As you can see, + sign is properly encoded in URL: %2B
Unfortunately, DISMAX queries via CONSOLE do not support that. Fortunately,
SOLRJ does.

(Sorry for mistake in previous Email: it was direct SOLR request via admin
console with "standard" handler.)

About https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-127

- We do not need this!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply add request parameter http.header="If-Modified-Since: Tue, 05 Feb
2008 03:50:00 GMT", and let SOLR to respond via standard XML message "Not
Modified", and avoid using 400/500/304!!!

Let others manage "Reverse-Proxy" via PHP, HTTPD, Tomcat+Spring, etc.; SOLR
can use exact "last-modified" timestamp from the index.

I am going to comment SOLR-127...