I believe Norberto ment he was handling it in his update client code --
before sending the docs to Solr.

Something that *seems* possible but I've never actaully tried is writting
a "ConcatTokenFilterFactory" that queues up all the tokens and joins
them together (using some confiured string, defaulting to "")  then you
could in theory do something like this...

    <fieldType name="compositeKeyType" class="solr.TextField" omitNorms="true">
      <analyzer>
        <filter class="solr.ConcatTokenFilterFactory" delim="-"/>
      <analyzer>
    </fieldType>
    <field name="compositeKey" type="compositeKeyType" />
    <uniqueKey>compositeKey</uniqueKey>
    <copyField source="type"  dest="compositeKey"/>
    <copyField source="numId" dest="compositeKey"/>

that *might* work ... but things would be a little weird when viewing your
results (compositeKey would have to be multivalued, and it would return as
an array)

-Hoss