The best thing folks can do to help with getting patches like this important DataImporterHandler committed to trunk is to try it out, report back experiences, and offer suggestions for improvement.

Solr 1.3 will come in _good_ time, but not before its time. There are many substantial changes in Solr between 1.2 and trunk and some more slated. Knocking out any of these gets us closer to the release as well:

<http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/ field=status&sorter/order=DESC>

        Erik