Problem? Not necessarily, but you risk a major performance hit in generating the response as well as in parsing the response by the solrj client side too.

Rather, do a query, get a reasonable subset of the docs back, look at the response to see how many total documents there are and page through the set successively calling Solr with the same query adjusting the rows parameter up by one page full at a time.

        Erik

On Mar 10, 2008, at 9:12 PM, oleg_gnatovskiy wrote:

Ah, so that is what that setRows method does. Would there be a problem with setting it to Integer.MAX_VALUE since I don't know how many results I will
have in advance?

Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

I don't have the sources in front of me, but isn't there a setRows (int)
method that you can call before running the query?

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: oleg_gnatovskiy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Friday, March 7, 2008 9:07:18 PM
Subject: Solr-J problem

Hello. I just started using solrJ recently and ran into a problem. I
execute
the following line after creating a SolrQuery: SolrDocumentList
solrResults
= engine.query(solrQuery).getResults();. solrResults.size() is always 10, while solrResults.getNumFound() varies based on the query. My question is, how do I get access to the entire result set? Why do I only get a list of
the first 10? Any help would be greatly appreciated.