I have a solr query like this

q=categories:cat1 OR
categories:cat2&stats=true&stats.field=count&stats.facet=block_num

Basically, I want to get the sum(count) group by block num.

This query works on a browser. But with solrj, I could not access the stats
fields from the Response obj. I can do a response.getFieldStatsInfo(). But
it is not what I want. Here is how I construct the query

    SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery(q);
    query.add("stats", "true");
    query.add("stats.field", "count");
    query.add("stats.facet", "block_num");

With a debugger, I could see that the response has a private statsInfo
object and it has the information I am looking for. But there is no api to
access the private object.

I would like to know if there is

   1. a better way to construct my query. I only need the sum of (count),
   group by block num
   2. a way to access the hidden statsInfo object in the query response()?
   [it is so frustrated. I can see all the info I need in the private obj on
   my debugger!]

Thanks!

ps. I posted this question on stackoverflow but have gotten no response so
far.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!