Why? The semantics are defined by the code and similarity matching algorithm, not... files.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: abhi Abhishek
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:40 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: explaination of query processing in SOLR

Thanks Alex and Jack for the direction, actually what i was trying to
understand was how various files had an effect on the search.

Thanks,
Abhishek

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Abhishek,

Your first part of the question is interesting, but your specific
details are probably the wrong level for you to concentrate on. The
issues you will be facing are not about which file does what. That's
more performance and inner details. I feel you should worry more about
the fields, default search fields, multiterms, whitespaces, etc.

One way to do that is to enable debug and see if you actually
understand what those different debug entries do. And don't use string
or basic tokenizer. Pick something that has complex analyzer chain and
see how that affects debug.

Regards,
   Alex.
Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov