Hi,

Probably you have stemmer and it is eating up Capital to capit. Thats the
reason.
Either remove stemmer from analyser chain or add keyword repeat filter.

Ahmet

On Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:16 PM, Wayne W <waynemailingli...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hi,

I don't understand this at all. We are indexing some contact names. When we
do a standard query:

query 1: capi*
result: Capital Health

query 2: capit*
result: Capital Health

query 3: capita*
result: <no results>

query 4: capital*
result: <no results>

I understand (as we are using solar 3.5) that the wildcard search does not
actually return the query without the wildcard so I understand at least why
query 4 is not working ( I need to use: capital* OR capital ). What I don't
understand is why query 3 is not working.

Also if we place in the text field the following 3 contacts:

j...@capitalhealth.com
f...@capitalhealth.com
Capital Heath

When searching for:

query A: capita*
result: j...@capitalhealth.com, f...@capitalhealth.com

query B: capit*
result: j...@capitalhealth.com, f...@capitalhealth.com, Capital Heath

What is going on and how can I solve this?
many thanks as I'm really stuck on this