Two things:

1> what version of Solr are you using? If it's prior to 3.6, then the
bits that handle applying lowercaseFilter to wildcards isn't in the
code.

2> what do you see if you add &debug=query?

I just tried it with your analysis chain and it seemed to work. Did
you completely blow your index away when trying this? I did get into a
state where my terms didn't show up. When you change the schema,
sometimes some information about the fields is written into the index
and is incompatible with later changes.

By "completely blow away" I mean
stop Solr
rm -rf blah/collection/data