So it sounds like you’re OK with using the docURL as the unique key for routing
in SolrCloud, but you don’t want to use it as a lookup mechanism.

If you don’t want to do a hash of it and use that unique value in a second
unique field and feed time,
and you can’t seem to find any other field that might be unique,
and you don’t want to make your own UpdateRequestProcessorChain that would
generate a unique field from your unique key (such as by doing an MD5 hash),
you might look at the UpdateRequestProcessorChain named “deduce” in the OOB
solrconfig.xml.  It’s primarily designed to help dedupe results, but it’s
technique is to concatenate multiple fields together to create a signature that
will be unique in some way.  So instead of having to find one field in your
data that’s unique, you could look for a couple of fields that, if combined,
would create a unique field, and configure the “dedupe” Processor to handle
that.