From: Ryan McKinley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 2:18 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr with Auto-suggest

On Apr 24, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Rantjil Bould wrote:
> Hi Group,
>            I was asked in my project to implement google suggest kind
> of functionality for searching help system. I have seen one thread
> http://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/
> msg06739.html which
> deals with the way to index if large index. But I am not able to get
> much information to start with. I am using JQuery's plugin for auto-
> suggest and query field is a large text(appx 2000 char long). I am
> just wondering how can I extract all tokens for any character typed by
> user? Somebody might have already implemented the same functionality
> and I would appreciate your help on this, even a hint might be a great
> help.

I don't think there is a magic one-size-fits-all solution to this, only a
set of approaches you will need to modify for your specific index.

You will need to modify the jquery plugin to grab results from a solr query.
For starters that can be just a standard query whatever.

Unless your index is small, you will likely need to configure your index
with special fields to use for the auto-complete search.  This is the
approach pointed to in SOLR-357.  Eseentially you index:
"Bould" as "b" "bo" "bou" boul" bould".

ryan

.
Checked by AVG.