Thanks Micheal for the response.

If you use MMapDirectory, Lucene will map the files into memory off heap
and the OS's disk cache will cache the files in memory for you. Don't use
RAMDirectory, it's not better than MMapDirectory for any use I'm aware of.

> Will that mean it will cache the Inverted index as well to OS disk's
cache? The reason I am asking is, Solr searches this Inverted Index first
to get the data. How about if we can keep this in memory?

Thanks,
Manohar