Hi Erik,

1. With search phrase in quotes
{!complexphrase}displayName:"RVN Viewpoint*"

"debug": {
    "rawquerystring": "{!complexphrase}displayName:\"RVN Viewpoint*\"",
    "querystring": "{!complexphrase}displayName:\"RVN Viewpoint*\"",
    "parsedquery": "ComplexPhraseQuery(\"RVN Viewpoint*\")",
    "parsedquery_toString": "\"RVN Viewpoint*\"",
    "QParser": "ComplexPhraseQParser"
  }

2. Tried with search phrase not in quotes: This brings result back but only
those starting with "viewpoint" and does not bring  "rvn viewpoint"

{!complexphrase}displayName:RVN Viewpoint*

"debug": {
    "rawquerystring": "{!complexphrase}displayName:RVN Viewpoint*",
    "querystring": "{!complexphrase}displayName:RVN Viewpoint*",
    "parsedquery": "displayName:rvn displayName:viewpoint*",
    "parsedquery_toString": "displayName:rvn displayName:viewpoint*",
    "QParser": "ComplexPhraseQParser"
  }

3. {!complexphrase}displayName:RVN* Viewpoint*

"debug": {
    "rawquerystring": "{!complexphrase}displayName:RVN* Viewpoint*",
    "querystring": "{!complexphrase}displayName:RVN* Viewpoint*",
    "parsedquery": "displayName:rvn* displayName:viewpoint*",
    "parsedquery_toString": "displayName:rvn* displayName:viewpoint*",
    "QParser": "ComplexPhraseQParser"
  }

Regards,
Dinesh Babu.