debug output tells a lot.  Looks like in the last two examples that the second
part (Viewpoint*) is NOT parsed with the complex phrase parser - the whitespace
thwarts it.

I’d recommend doing something like this to test that parser out to avoid the
“meta” parsing issue.

    q={!complexphrase v=$qq}&qq=<the expression>

        Erik