On 12/28/2014 8:48 AM, S.L wrote:
> I have attached the screen shot of the toplogy , as you can see I have
> three nodes and no two replicas of the same shard reside on the same
> node, this was made sure so as not affect the availability.
>
> The query that I use is a general get all query of type *:* to test .
>
> The behavior I notice is that even though when a particular replica of a
> shard is queried using distrib=false , the request goes to the other
> replica of the same shard.

Attachments almost never make it through the mailing list processing.
The screenshot you mentioned did not make it.

You'll need to host the image somewhere and provide a URL.  The dropbox
service is a good way to do this, but it's not the only way.  Just make
sure you don't remove the image quickly.  The message will live on for
years in the archive ... it would be nice to have the image live on for
years as well, though I know that is often not realistic.

I do not know exactly how SolrCloud handles such requests, but it would
not surprise me to learn that it forwards the request to another replica
of the same shard on another server.

An issue has been put forward to change the general load-balancing
behavior of SolrCloud.  There has been a fair amount of discussion on it:

Shawn