On 1/1/2015 6:35 PM, William Bell wrote:
> But tons of people on this mailing list do not recommend AggressiveOpts
>
> Why do you recommend it?

I haven't done any comparisons with and without it.  To call it a
"recommendation" is a little bit strong.  I use it, and I am seeing good
results.

My reading indicates that AggressiveOpts basically enables settings that
are being considered for defaults in a later Java version.  If they are
being seriously considered for new defaults, they are probably something
that I want to be using.  I have also heard that there are sometimes
bugs with that option, but I have not personally had any problems.

If you don't want to use that option, feel free to leave it out.  I will
update my wiki page with a note about AggressiveOpts.

Thanks,
Shawn