I am currently using lucene directly to build custom queries.  Can I write a
plugin to build these custom BooleanQueries, RangeQueries, etc...?  As a simple
example, we have documents that represent coupons, events and activities.  Some
searches may only be for coupons and events. Currently, I programmatically
build up a boolean query for this.  I wanted to know if I could still do this
with solr.

I just wanted to get a little bit of validation before investing a few hours
into actually trying to use solr.  I have been reading the tutorials, docs, but
while I suspect that solr exposes the lucene query via plugins, I have not seen
this spelled out (but I'm a bad speller;)

Thank you for your time.

Phillip